Hope you have all had a lovely few weeks? Time has been flying here at the cake tasting club HQ, I feel like I’ve blinked and now it’s autumn! The leaves are falling, conkers are a plenty (toddlers pockets are always FULL of them) and there is a chill in the air. I love autumn and am feeling ready for nice spicy warming puds, a good hot chocolate, chunky jumper, my trusty striped hot water bottle Jeffery and yellow cuddly blankets (this reads like I’m 90 which I can assure you I’m not, although maybe in spirit..) We have such a lot of exciting things planned for your October box but first let’s have a lovely summary of the last two months boxes- what a delicious treat they were:
- Peanut butter cake with milk chocolate frosting – salty nutty peanut flavoured sponge sandwiched with caramel sauce peanut butter milk chocolate frosting and topped with milk chocolate frosting and milk chocolate chips- a beast of a cake!
- Oreo and white chocolate brownie – Crushed cookies and cream Oreos and silky white chocolate chips swirled into gooey chocolate brownie- divine!
- Homemade custard cream biscuits – Buttery hand stamped custard biscuits filled with vanilla raspberry cream- retro delight!
- Blackberry crumble brownie – Sour blackberries and homemade buttery oaty crumble mixed into gooey chocolate brownie – comfort central!
- Local honey cake – delicious floral honey cake made with local honey topped with frosting, drizzled with honey and topped with chopped hazelnuts.
- Award winning salted caramel brownie – Homemade caramel sauce, dark chocolate chips and Cornish seasalt combined into dark and gooey chocolate brownie – a winning combination!
- Rosemary and chocolate chunk salted cookies – Crisp buttery cookie, home-grown rosemary from our gardens, Cornish sea salt and chunky chocolate – so moreish!
- Rhubarb and custard brownie – Sour British rhubarb and sweet vanilla bean homemade custard swirled into gooey brownie – twist on a classic pud!
In other news this month we have decided to make our award winning salted caramel brownie available once monthly, shipping on the 1st Thursday of the month to keep you topped up in between bakes! Hooray!!
Nearly time now to enter spooky Ville with our upcoming October box. Super excited to show you what we have been working on…keep an eye on our instagram over the next couple of weeks for sneak peaks. Still time to grab a box, just zoom over to our website:
Thanks for reading cheeky chops, have a lovely cake filled week!