Wow, these last few weeks have flown by – I can’t believe we are only two weeks away from our next bake. Next boxes ship Monday 22nd January – Not ordered yours yet? Pop over to The Cake Tasting Club now to get your name down!
Decembers light, fluffy, nutty almond cookies were a huge hit- they are so yummy we couldn’t stop baking (and eating) these in December!
We have had some great feedback for the December box – we are so glad that you loved it as much as us!
A few of you have got in touch to say that you have misplaced the recipe card we included for these scrumptious cookies so thought we’d pop it up here for you!
For this recipe you will need baking trays lined with greaseproof paper and the oven preheated to 170C/Gas 4. This mix will make anything from 20-50 cookies depending on how big you make them – just remember to make them all the same size as it will affect the cooking time.
- 3 Egg Whites
- 280g Ground Almonds
- 280g Golden Caster Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- Extra Caster Sugar and Icing Sugar for dusting
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks
- Gradually fold the almonds and caster sugar into the egg whites
- Fold in the vanilla and almond extract
- Roll mixture into small balls – you can make these any size, just make sure that they are even
- Roll each ball in caster sugar and then in icing sugar
- Place them on the baking tray and flatten slightly with the tip of your finger or the back of a spoon
- Bake until golden on the edges – approximately 10-15 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack
- Find a comfy spot, brew a cuppa and gobble these sugary delights!
Here at Cake HQ we have enjoyed a couple of weeks off and are now gearing up for our next bake. January’s boxes will ship on Monday 22nd January so get your orders in now to secure yourself a box.
Keep it cake kippers