Hello cake lovers,
Sorry it has taken me so long to get this recipe up. We are hoping to add at least one of our recipes every month. Do let us know if you try any out. There’s not long to go until this month’s bake, if you haven’t got your name down yet do remember that you only have until next week. Boxes ship Monday 22nd January – TAKE ME TO THE CAKE
These cookies from November were a huge hit. We included the recipe card in our November box but here it is again if you don’t have it. The combination of chilli and chocolate is such a winner, with a full on chocolatey taste followed by a warming kick, delicious! We certainly enjoyed all the test bakes and were so pleased that you all enjoyed them as well. Why not have a go at baking some yourself? Do let us know how you get on and do send us a photo over on Facebook or Instagram with #ibakedcake.
To make these delicious cookies you will need a couple of baking trays lined with greaseproof paper and your oven pre heated to 180C/Gas 4.
This recipe makes one batch – the number of cookies will vary depending on the size you make.
- 75g Dark chocolate
- 150g Dark chilli chocolate (we used Montezuma’s)
- 60g Butter
- 2 Free-range eggs
- 130g Light brown sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 115g Self raising rlour
- 200g Dark chocolate chips
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan on a low heat, or gently in the microwave, stirring often
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a mixer until light and fluffy
- Once the chocolate/butter mixture has cooled, reduce the speed to low and beat it into the eggs, sugar and vanilla
- Fold in the flour until just combined
- Then, fold in the chocolate chips
- Place tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking sheet approximately 5 cm apart
- Bake for 10 mins – you may need to adjust the time depending on the size of the cookies
- Allow to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes (they will still be soft when you take them out of the oven) then transfer to cooling rack
- Take a photo and send to @thecaketastingclub on Facebook or Instagram
- Make a cuppa, find a comfy spot and gobble!
This recipe can be played around with – you can omit the chilli (just use 225g of dark chocolate) and make a truly purest and decadent chocolate chip cookie. Or, try swapping the chocolate chips for nuts or white chocolate chips.
Do let us know how you get on. We would love to hear if you are trying any of our recipes.