In February we featured these delicious cookie bars on our recipe cards – crispy, gooey and chocolatey finished off with delicious salted caramel – Winner!
To make your own cookie bars you will need a 20cm/8in square cake tin greased with butter and lined with baking paper and your oven pre heated to 180C/Gas 4/350F.
350g Plain flour
1 tsp Baking powder
500g Dark brown soft sugar
4 Free-range Eggs
2 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
150g Dark chocolate chips
3 tbsp Salted caramel sauce
- Using a free standing mixer or hand held whisk cream the butter and sugar together for around 5 minutes on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Then add the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix slowly until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared tin.
- Drizzle over the salted caramel sauce and swirl into the cookie mix.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in tin before cutting into bars.
We hope that you enjoyed your cake delivery in February, if you haven’t joined us at cake club yet then why not try your first Classic box for just £7.50.
Keep it cake,