For our March recipe card we went with the Easter chocolate tiffin. Delicious chocolatey tiffin bejewelled with mini creme eggs and topped with crushed mini eggs. Happy Easter!
You will need:
20cm square tin lined with baking paper
The ingredients you will need are:
- 150 g Unsalted butter
- 250 g Dark chocolate chopped
- 150 g Milk chocolate chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Golden syrup
- 180 g Mini Creme Eggs unwrapped
- 180 g Mini eggs crushed
- 150 g Digestive biscuits in chunks
- 150 g White chocolate chopped
- Yellow gel food colouring
- 8 Creme Eggs full size, unwrapped
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a low heat.
- Add the dark and milk chocolate and golden syrup and melt slowly.
- Keep stirring until it’s thick and combined.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add the mini Creme Eggs, most of the mini eggs and the digestive biscuits, stir.
- Press the mixture firmly into the tin.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of steaming water (temperature very low).
- Colour the white chocolate until very deep yellow using the gel food colour.
- Cut the full size Creme Eggs in half and press into the tiffin with the rest of the mini eggs.
- Drizzle over the yellow chocolate.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least a couple of hours.
- Turn out of the tin and using a sharp knife cut into chunks.
- Take a photo and share over on Facebook or Instagram @thecaketastingclub #ibakedcake.
We would love to hear from you if you make the tiffin so please do get in touch. If you missed out on this month’s box remember that you can sign up over at The Cake Tasting Club and receive your first Classic box on subscription for just £7.50 including delivery. Our next shipment leaves Cake HQ on Monday 16th April.
Vikki and Dom xx