These rich, sweet chocolatey biscuits filled with a smooth vanilla buttercream were a huge hit in our July box.
We included the recipe card in the box but for those who didn’t get it we thought we’d share it here…
To make these little beauties you will need:
- 2 baking sheets greased with butter and lined with baking paper
- Preheat your oven to 180C Fan/Gas 4/350F
Ingredients for Biscuits:
- 140g Butter, softened
- 320g Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 175g Self Raising Flour
- 90g Cocoa Powder
- 225g Butter, softened
- 435g Icing Sugar
- 1tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Cream the butter and sugar in a stand mixer (or handheld mixer) for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and keep beating until it’s incorporated.
- Add the flour and cocoa to the mixing bowl and mix slowly until a dough is formed.
- Then put 15g balls of dough onto baking paper and flatten slightly with spoon or glass which has been dipped in caster sugar*
- Bake for 10 minutes until the edges are starting to colour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Then transfer the biscuits to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make the icing: beat the sugar, butter and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Sandwich pairs of biscuits together with a spoonful of icing between
We are busy getting ready for our August bake which ships on Tuesday 28th August. If you would like to try a HALF PRICE Classic Cake box for just £7.50 including postage then head on over to the website NOW!