Thank you for all your lovely feedback on our October Box. I am sorry that it has taken me so long to finally share the recipe for the Spiced Apple Cake. Thanks for your patience, here it is:
- 225g Butter, softened
- 225g Dark Brown Soft Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 2tsp Mixed Spice
- 1tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 150g Bramley Apples, peeled and chopped into 5mm cubes
- 100g Butter, softened
- 200g Icing Sugar
- Caramel Sauce – bought or homemade
- Using a freestanding (or handheld) mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs lightly and then gradually add them to the butter/sugar mix with a little flour. Making sure that you beat them in well before adding more egg.
- Fold in the remaining flour and spices
- Place the mix evenly into the tins and add the apple
- Sprinkle the top of one of the cakes with some sugar (demerara would be best)
- For the icing, beat together the butter and icing sugar until it is light and fluffy
- Assembly – the cake topped with sugar is the top cake. On the other one spread on the icing and add a layer of caramel sauce.
- Add on the top cake and voila!
- Enjoy with a big cuppa tea.
Please do get in touch if you bake this cake. We would love to hear how you get on.
We have some great bakes coming up in the next few months. If you are yet to join us at Cake Club then you can get your first Classic box for half price. Alternatively, if you will be sharing your box how about trying our brand new Family Box – you can get £10 off your first box.