These are much more than just a simple flapjack. They are deliciously buttery like flapjack but with flour to lighten them and the glace cherries add a deliciously sweet gooey centre. Thanks for all the feedback, you guys loved them!
You will need a 20cm square tin greased and lined with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
150g Self Raising Flour
150g Demerara Sugar
200g Glace Cherries – chopped
- Mix together the flour, oats and sugar
- Chop the butter into cubes and add to the dry ingredients
- Lightly rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs
- Tip half of the mixture into the base of your lined tin, level it out and lightly pat it down
- Scatter over the chopped glace cherries and spread them out evenly
- Top with the rest of the mixture. Level it out and press it down
- Bake for 20 minutes – it should be golden on top
- Allow to cool and then cut into bars
- Remember to take a photo and send it to me before enjoying with a cuppa!
If you would like to join the best club in town then you can get your first Classic box half price. Next boxes ship on Monday 15th April. We have some delicious bakes coming up this month, pop over to the website for a sneak peak!