These little beauties are simply perfection. Chocolatey, crisp, buttery cookies – Yum!
I have had a lot of message from subscribers this month and you seem to have enjoyed them! I grew up baking regularly with my mum and often made these cookies. This recipe is simple to follow for kids and they should be able to get them ready to go in the oven.
I do hope that you will give this recipe a try. If you do, I would love to hear how you get on and please do send me some photos.
To make this recipe you will need:
- 115g Butter, softened
- 115g Granulated sugar
- 115g Self raising flour
- 30g Custard powder
- 30g Cocoa powder
What to do:
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a firm dough
- Roll into a sausage shape and cut into three
- Divide each into eight pieces to make 24 balls
- Place on a greased lined baking tray and flatten with a fork dipped in cold water
- Bake at 160C/Gas 3 for 20 minutes
- Cool slightly on baking tray and then transfer to a cooling rack
- Send a photo of your cookies to us @thecaketastingclub on Facebook or Instagram or via email email@example.com
- Enjoy with a cuppa!
Notes: I have tried to make a dairy free version of these and found the only butter substitute that works is Stork baking block. They do make a slightly different biscuit but they’re still yummy. Do let me know how you get on!
Our March box was one of our most popular yet! These cookies paired with Lotus brownie, coffee cake and cherry oat crunch was a winning combo!
If you are yet to join the best club in town you can get your first Classic cake box half price. Our April box is a beauty! See a sneak peak below: