Thank you for all your lovely feedback on our October Box. I am sorry that it has taken me so long to finally share the recipe for the Spiced Apple Cake. Thanks for your patience, here it is:
- 225g Butter, softened
- 225g Dark Brown Soft Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 2tsp Mixed Spice
- 1tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 150g Bramley Apples, peeled and chopped into 5mm cubes
- 100g Butter, softened
- 200g Icing Sugar
- Caramel Sauce – bought or homemade
- Using a freestanding (or handheld) mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs lightly and then gradually add them to the butter/sugar mix with a little flour. Making sure that you beat them in well before adding more egg.
- Fold in the remaining flour and spices
- Place the mix evenly into the tins and add the apple
- Sprinkle the top of one of the cakes with some sugar (demerara would be best)
- For the icing, beat together the butter and icing sugar until it is light and fluffy
- Assembly – the cake topped with sugar is the top cake. On the other one spread on the icing and add a layer of caramel sauce.
- Add on the top cake and voila!
- Enjoy with a big cuppa tea.
Please do get in touch if you bake this cake. We would love to hear how you get on.
We have some great bakes coming up in the next few months. If you are yet to join us at Cake Club then you can get your first Classic box for half price. Alternatively, if you will be sharing your box how about trying our brand new Family Box – you can get £10 off your first box.
In May we celebrated our second birthday here at Cake HQ – for us any birthday is not complete without chocolate!
Our choc chip cake was a hit with many of our subscribers and we included the recipe card in our box. Anyone had a go yet? For those who haven’t signed up to Cake Club yet here is the recipe we used so you can have a go at home. Do let us know how you get on and remember to share a photo with us over on Instagram or Facebook @thecaketastingclub.
- 225g Buter
- 225g Golden caster sugar
- 225g Self raising flour
- 4 Free-range eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 100g Dark choc chips
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy using a stand mixer (or handheld mixer)
- Using a fork lightly beat the eggs together with the vanilla bean paste
- Add a third of the egg mixture with a tablespoon of flour to the butter and sugar and beat until well combined
- Repeat until all the egg has been added
- Gently fold in the rest of the flour
- Then, fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour the mixture into the tins and level the mix gently
- Bake for 20-25 mins until a skewer comes out of the cake cleanly with just a few crumbs
- Icing – beat the butter, cocoa and icing sugar together until light and fluffy, adding a little milk if needed
- Assemble the cake adding half the icing to the middle and the other half to the top
- Decorate with sprinkles
- Share a photo with us over on Instagram or Facebook
- Make a brew and enjoy!
If you haven’t joined the best club in town yet you can try a box for half price by heading to The Cake Tasting Club NOW!
If you want a sneak peak at what’s coming up in our June box you can check that out here.
Next boxes ship Monday 25th June.
Vikki and Dom xx