You guys loved these banana and almonds bars that featured in the box this January. They are all the right combinations of gooey and sweet with crunchy almonds on top. Yum!
They are quite simple to make and don’t require any fancy equipment. A bowl and a wooden spoon is all you need. They are a great tea time treat, perfect with a cup of tea.
You will need a 24cm square tin greased and lined with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180 Fan/Gas 4.
- 125g Self raising flour
- 50g Ground almonds
- 100g Butter
- 100g Soft light brown sugar (caster or granulated will work too)
- 150g Golden Syrup
- 1 Banana, mashed
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 30g Flaked almonds
- Combine the flour and almonds in a bowl.
- Melt the butter, sugar and syrup and allow to cool. You can do this in the microwave or on the hob, either way keep an eye on it and stir to combine.
- Add the melted ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Then add in the banana and beaten eggs and beat well until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared lined tin
- Level the surface and then scatter over the flaked almonds
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes. It should be well risen and firm to the touch and golden brown. A skewer inserted into the middle should come out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in the tin and then put on a cooling rack.
- Once completely cool, cut into bars and enjoying with a cuppa.