In May we celebrated our second birthday here at Cake HQ – for us any birthday is not complete without chocolate!
Our choc chip cake was a hit with many of our subscribers and we included the recipe card in our box. Anyone had a go yet? For those who haven’t signed up to Cake Club yet here is the recipe we used so you can have a go at home. Do let us know how you get on and remember to share a photo with us over on Instagram or Facebook @thecaketastingclub.
- 225g Buter
- 225g Golden caster sugar
- 225g Self raising flour
- 4 Free-range eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 100g Dark choc chips
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy using a stand mixer (or handheld mixer)
- Using a fork lightly beat the eggs together with the vanilla bean paste
- Add a third of the egg mixture with a tablespoon of flour to the butter and sugar and beat until well combined
- Repeat until all the egg has been added
- Gently fold in the rest of the flour
- Then, fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour the mixture into the tins and level the mix gently
- Bake for 20-25 mins until a skewer comes out of the cake cleanly with just a few crumbs
- Icing – beat the butter, cocoa and icing sugar together until light and fluffy, adding a little milk if needed
- Assemble the cake adding half the icing to the middle and the other half to the top
- Decorate with sprinkles
- Share a photo with us over on Instagram or Facebook
- Make a brew and enjoy!
If you haven’t joined the best club in town yet you can try a box for half price by heading to The Cake Tasting Club NOW!
If you want a sneak peak at what’s coming up in our June box you can check that out here.
Next boxes ship Monday 25th June.
Vikki and Dom xx