These buttery treacle oat biscuits have been so popular this month. Our subscribers gobbled them all up and many of you have been in touch to tell me that you have made them. If you don’t already have the recipe, here it is:
To make these little beauties you will need:
- 100g Granulated sugar
- 50g Treacle
- 100g Butter
- 100g Self raising flour
- 100g Oats
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- Line a couple of baking trays with baking paper and preheat oven to 180C.
- Gently melt together the sugar, treacle and butter – either in the microwave or on the hob.
- Allow the mix to cool – it is important it’s not too hot when added to dry ingredients.
- Mix together the flour, oats and bicarbonate of soda.
- Then mix the wet and dry ingredients together using a wooden spoon (you might need to get your hands in!)
- Roll the mixture into balls approximately the size of walnuts (you can make them whatever size you like though)
- Place them on a lined baking tray with space between to allow them to spread during cooking.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes at 180C – they need to be browning at the edges (cooking time will vary depending on the size)
- Cool slightly on the baking tray and then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Do give me a shout if you need any help or have any questions.
PS. I really do love to see your photos. Look how well this little guy did!